Daiquiri is a mix of rum, citrus, and sugar. The recipe can be traced all the way back to the end of the 19th century when there was an increase in the popularity of rum. You can use either lemon or lime for this, but we’ve decided to go with lime for its slightly distinct flavor.
Ingredients Needed for Daiquiri
2 teaspoons of sugar
2 fluid ounces of havana rum
How to Make Daiquiri
- Add the sugar on the bottom of your shaker.
- Squeeze the juice out of half a lime over the sugar. Add the havana rum.
- Add the ice, and shake and stir well.
- Strain the liquid and serve it with lime peel on top.
- P.S. Chill the glass before serving it.